Benefit programs for income eligible individuals and families as follows:
- Auxiliary Grant and General Relief (for burial)
- Food stamps
- Fuel assistance based upon total income and number of persons in the household
- Social service programs for families, children, elderly and disabled such as:
- Adoption services
- Adoptive and foster home studies
- Adult Protective Services
- Adult services
- Adults and nursing home screenings and placement
- Child Protective Services
- Custody investigations
- Foster care to children
- State/local hospitalizations
- Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF)
More detailed information about these and other services provided by the Department can be obtained by contacting the Wise County Department of Social Services. Additional information on VA State programs may be found on the VA Department of Social Services website.
Residents of Wise County, Virginia. Eligibility for some services may be based upon income. Written application/specific documents required for some programs.
There are charges for some services. Contact us for more information.
Prohibited From Discriminating
In accordance with federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, political beliefs, or disability.
To file a complaint of discrimination, call 800-795-3272 (voice) or 202-720-6382 (TTY), or write:
Office of Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue SW
Washington, DC 20250-9410
The USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.