What to Recycle
Wise County currently recycles a selection of materials and objects. You may not realize it, but there are many different types of most of these recyclables. To assist, we've created a list that will explain what we currently accept for recycling.
- Cardboard: All corrugated (thick) cardboard
- Note: Please remember that cereal boxes and shoeboxes are made of paperboard and not cardboard.
- Electronics: Most electronic goods such as:
- Fax Machines
- Televisions / Computer Monitors - Flat-Screen Only
- Metal: White goods such as stoves, refrigerators, freezers, etc.
- Paper: Magazines and newspaper
- We also accept paperboard such as shoe boxes and cereal boxes.
- Rubber Tires: All passenger car and light truck tires
- Note: This is the only item that you have to pay to dispose of; there is a fee of $1 charged to you for each tire brought in.
How to Recycle
Recycling is very easy to do. All you have to do is the follow simple steps:
- Fix up a separate container in your house to hold each different kind of recyclable material you normally have in your household. These containers can be as simple as bags, boxes, or trash cans
- When you go to throw away something in your house, separate out the different recyclables and put them in their designated containers
- When your containers get full, take them to one of our convenience centers and deposit them into the recycling stations
Convenience Center Locations & the Recycled Items Accepted at Each
View an alphabetical list of the Convenience Centers to learn their locations and what items are accepted at each center by visiting our Resource Directory.
Some towns have recycling stations set up in various locations as well. Please contact your local town/city hall for the location of these stations.