[ Home ]
- Community Events Calendar (CoC)
- Churches (Courtesy of Church Angel - Church Directory of U.S.)
Big Stone Gap
- Civic, Business & Community Organizations
- Chamber of Commerce Listings
- The Wise County Fairgrounds is host to
several events during the year including the Mountain
People's Music Fair (June), the Virginia-Kentucky District
Fair & Horse Show (August), and the Dock Boggs Memorial
Festival (September). The Fairgrounds are located
on Hurricane Road near Wise, Virginia.
- 4-H Clubs
- Extension Service
County Genealogical Research Site - Part of the VAGen
Circuit Court Clerk
Heritage Association, Inc.
- LONESOME PINE REGIONAL LIBRARY SYSTEM
Has four (4) public branches located within Wise County.
- Wise County Public Library - Wise, Virginia
- (276) 328-8325
- C. Bascom Slemp Memorial Library - Big Stone Gap, Virginia
- (276) 523-1334
- Coeburn Community Library - Coeburn, Virginia
- (276) 395-6152
- J. Fred Matthews Memorial Library - St. Paul, Virginia
- (276) 762-9702
- JOHN COOKE WILEY LIBRARY
Located on the campus of the University of Virginia's College at Wise - Wise, Virginia.
- WAMPLER LIBRARY
Located on the campus of the Mountain Empire Community Collge - Big Stone Gap, Virginia.
- Virtual Library of Virginia (VIVA) - A consortium of academic libraries in Virginia
- The Library of Virginia
W. Meador Coal Museum
- Parks and Recreation
- Community Centers - Building Rentals
These buildings are available to rent for reunions, receptions, parties, and other special occasions. You must reserve the center in advance by paying a deposit (refundable, if the facilities remain in good condition) and a rental fee (as specified below). (NOTE: Rates changed effective Jan. 1, 2016)
Dorchester Community Center – Deposit: $50.00, Rental: $40.00
Stephens Community Center – Deposit: $50.00, Rental: $40.00
Tacoma School Community Center – Deposit: $50.00, Rental: $40.00
(276) 328-2321 - County
- Wise County Youth Soccer
- Wise County Youth Soccer is a volunteer, non-profit organization promoting soccer for the children of Wise County.
- Performing Arts
- Appalachian Children's Theater (ACT)
- Pro-Art Association
- Trail of the Lonesome Pine Outdoor Drama - Commonwealth of Virginia's Official Outdoor Drama
(276) 523-1235 / (800) 362-0149
- Winds of the Mountain Empire - a semi-professional organization comprised of some of the best instrumental musicians from southwestern Virginia, southeastern Kentucky, northeastern Tennessee, and northwestern North Carolina.
Back to Top