Wise County Department of Social Services
Wise County Social Services Dept.
Old Coeburn Mountain Rd.
P. O. Box 888
Wise, VA 24293
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday,
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- (276) 328-8056 - Local Calls
(276) 328-8632 - Fax
- (800) 552-7096 - Child Protective Services
(888) 832-3858 - Adult Protective Services
(800) 468-8894 - Child Support Enforcement
- Residents of Wise County, Virginia. Eligibility for some services may be
based upon income. Written application/specific documents required for some programs.
- Charges for some services.
Benefit programs for income
eligible individuals and families as follows:
- Temporary Assistance to Needy Families,
- Food Stamps,
- State/Local Hospitalizations,
- Auxiliary Grant and General Relief (for Burial),
- Social Service programs for Families, Children, Elderly and Disabled such as:
- Child Protective Services,
- Adult Protective Services,
- Foster Care to Children,
- Adoption Services,
- Adult Services,
- Adoptive and Foster Home Studies,
- Custody Investigations,
- Adults and Nursing Home Screenings and Placement.
- Fuel Assistance based upon total income and number of persons in the household.
More detailed information
about these and other services provided by the Dept. of Social Services can be obtained by contacting the Wise County Dept. of Social Services.
In accordance with the Federal Law and U.S. Department of Agriculture Policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, political beliefs, or disability.
To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue SW, Washington, DC 20250-9410 or call (800) 795-3272 (voice) or (202) 720-6382 (TTY). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
State of Virginia Department of Social Services web-site: www.dss.state.va.us.